We offer two doctoral programs (PhD in Mathematics, PhD in Statistics) and two master's programs (AM in Mathematics, AM in Statistics).
The deadline for application is December 4, 2023 for the PhD programs OR January 15, 2024 for the Master's in Mathematics program OR March 1, 2024 for the Master's in Statistics program.
- Online application
- Statement of purpose
- Application fee ($45)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all institutions (undergraduate and graduate studies) for application. Admitted students will be required to provide official transcripts mailed in a university sealed envelope.
- For Mathematics graduate degrees: Official GRE (General Test, Analytical Writing) scores are not required but may be submitted (Institution Code 6929, Mathematics Code 0703). The Subject Test is also not required. GRE Scores will be honored if they are less than five years old. Test scores are sent electronically by the testing facility by including the codes. We do not accept the GMAT test. Copies of test scores are not official.
- For Statistics graduate degrees: Official GRE (General Test, Analytical Writing) scores are not required but may be submitted (Institution Code 6929, Statistics Code 0705). GRE scores are recommended for applicants entering without a master’s degree. A Subject Test is not required. GRE Scores will be honored if they are less than five years old. Test scores are sent electronically by the testing facility by including the codes. We do not accept the GMAT test. Copies of test scores are not official.
- Proficiency in English is required of all applicants. Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency and are required to provide an official score report from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Only official scores from tests taken within the last two years will be accepted.
The English proficiency test requirement is waived for citizens of Australia, Commonwealth Caribbean nations, Ghana, India, Ireland, Kenya, Liberia, New Zealand, Nigeria, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and Zimbabwe. It may also be waived for students who have completed three or more years of study in an English-medium academic program in any of the above countries, Canada, Hong Kong, South Africa, or the United States. For all applicants whose first language is not English the TOEFL or IELTS will be required.
NOTE that the TOEFL or IELTS will likely be required for immigration purposes. TOEFL or IELTS scores should be sent electronically using Institution Code 6929, Dept. Code 72. For submitting IETLS, the Graduate School only accepts official copies mailed from the testing facility to:
Office of Graduate Education in Arts & Sciences
One Brookings Dr.
204 Cupples II, Campus Box 1187-0112-02
St. Louis, MO 63130